Sunday, January 20, 2008

Sundown Road

This section of Sundown road bisects a cornfield and there is a dirt road on which to pull over. I had dropped my daughter off in the early morning yesterday, for her work shift at the barn, and of course, took this road home. The early morning sky is just amazing.



This is not the first time that I've photographed this tree, nor, I suspect, will it be the last. But it is the first time I've crossed the road to take a picture of the barn on the other side. I'm struck over and over again at how much nature and agriculture are tucked into the nooks and crannies of suburban Maryland. Or maybe it's the other way around.


10 comments:

Gawdess said...

The first shot, is like a painting.
I like being able to see little pieces of your life through these photos.

Unknown said...

i like the angle and the way you got a lot of the sky in the photo. It makes it seem like "poor little earth" compared to the big beautiful sky...great!

Sandy said...

I'm glad you crossed the road! :-) Love, love, love that barn shot. Love that bright red in the midst of that winter scene.

Yankee, Transferred said...

Oh dear lord I am carried away by these. Thanks for bringing so much beauty to me.

Sandie said...

dps, was looking for a 'new' barn shot in the scavenger game. This shot is awesome and would be great. I like the texture and the lines in the top one.

hypatia said...

the picture at the end makes me think of the final shot in the opening credits of a discontinued HBO show called 6 feet under. On the first disc of the first season they have a whole thing about how they searched and searched for the perfect tree on the perfect hill. I think you have it!

Unknown said...

I adore these farm shots. They repeatedly draw me in my own little world.

Anonymous said...

I love pictures of barns!

Sharon said...

You just can't beat a barn with snow on the roof :) Beautiful.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

These are really beautiful. You have just the right amount of snow! It's no wonder barns are red; it's such a lovely color for photos.