Monday, February 11, 2008

Happy Accident


f/5.6, 1/8000 sec., 85 mm, ISO-100

The exposure on this shot is not anything that I can take credit for. In fact, shooting with the sun in front of me, I did not think I'd get a good shot and did not even check my settings from whatever they were for the last shot (with the sun behind me).

But I was captivated by the light on the water, with all it's movement from the gusting wind, and my contemplative Boogieman.

So I clicked. And I just love this shot.

ETA: Check out that shutter speed. Using aperture priority mode at f/5.6 and this is the exposure time it used. Wow. I heart my camera.

(This is a local park that is new to us that a friend tipped us off to. We went there after checking out the little cemetary. We have lots more pics from this park that I'll post on the Amped Eye soon. It was a great morning out with our cameras.)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

What an incredible shot/capture! Love how black the blacks are. Great silhouette. You nailed it.

Anonymous said...

OMG! I just love this shot!!!!! (And don't admit to an "accident"... you intended this, and as Julie said, YOU NAILED IT!)

Beautiful work.

Gawdess said...

Yeah, I think that you knew what you were looking at and you got it.
It's your eye kid!

Sharon said...

That's a gorgeous shot. However you got it! :)

Ianqui said...

Indeed, very cool!

Sandie said...

Beautiful!

Yankee, Transferred said...

This photo is unbelievable! Really, really wonderful!

Scrivener said...

Very nice. I couldn't get Big Huge Labs' view on black to work for it, but I bet it would look even better on a plain black background.

SUSAN said...

I love it too!

Susan