Sunday, February 17, 2008

Pac Sun Tour

Last night, the girl and I went to a concert at a very small club. Although the club only held about 200 people, we stood in line for three hours to get a spot right in front of the stage.

I enjoyed that spot well into the third set, when the crowd began slam dancing, or so my girl tells me that's what that was. I was smashed forward into the stage by the entire crowd behind me...and not a happily as I am usually very strict about my personal space.

Here are the pics from when I was up front, after that I was in the back with all the other parents, where I belonged.

Local Band, Mir and the Moon (pop electronica)

I love a synthesized voice. My needs are simple that way. :)



Another Day Late (alternative rock)

The bass player messed with me, stepping off the stage and resting one foot on my shoulder -- my bad shoulder! -- and by making faces at me and putting his hand in front of my camera. I think he enjoyed amusing himself with the old lady in the front of the crowd.



Danger Radio (alternative funk indie)

I thought this band was pretty adorable (I know! I'm old, if I think in those terms.) They were very dancy and boppy, hence me getting crushed at the front of the crowd!



Much to my dismay the girl went back up front to the slamming and moshing for Envy on the Coast (her fave) and The Audition. I was certain she was going to be crushed, but she lived to tell. We went to the meet and greet afterwards and she got pics with her favorite guys.

It was a great time, but every cell of my body hurts today -- standing out in the cold for several hours and then staying up till 2 am is painful for me.

No comments: