Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Local Color

With the monochrome background of winter lurking everywhere, I got myself some flowers and stuck them on the counter of our store. They really do provide some cheer.

f/2.8, 1/30 sec, 50 mm, ISO-100

I got got my 28-135mm lens back today, so I thought I'd shoot the flowers with that lens too, and add these to the above shot, taken yesterday with the nifty fifty.

f/5.6, 1/8 sec, 135 mm, ISO-100

f/5.6, 1/6 sec, 135 mm, ISO-100

f/5.6, 1/10 sec, 135 mm, ISO-100

I really love the closer shots of the zoom at 135, but I have to admit I have a thing for the extreme selective focus shots and bokeh that the fifty can get...and this was at f/2.8, that thing is wicked at f/1.4. But it sure will be nice to return to the variety of the two lenses.

8 comments:

angelfeet said...

What cheering colours! I see what you mean about the 50mm but each setting seemed to bring something else to our attention.

Gawdess said...

Yay for flowers and for these lovely shots.
It was nice to see them.
I like all the shots and I am with you about the 50mm.

Something about the third shot, that yellow daisy just speaks to my mood right now.

Thank you for the brightener!

Sharon said...

Bright and happy :)

Anonymous said...

Great colors!

Sandie said...

These are nice and show a great contrast between the lenses!

concretegodmother said...

i'm totally with gawdess. that third one *pops*!!! it's almost incandescent. wow!

Andromeda Jazmon said...

What a precious brightness! I adore your lenses. Thank you for cheering me up!

MaryD said...

these are great. truly cheerful. great contrast to the winter blahs...