Monday, March 24, 2008

A Secular Easter

When an ex-Christian and non-observant Jew go out to eat on Easter, they are happy that they have the whole restaurant, and practically the entire parking lot and shopping center to themselves.

Of course, we brought the camera and played around taking some shots. I had just read an article on negative space in photo composition, and I can tell it was already influencing me. And, with such compositional preoccupations, I forgot to adjust the aperture so as to avoid the blown out sky. :)


Boogieman


Ampersand


Ampersand


Taken by Ampersand, but directed by Boogieman, who suggested the shot as he waited for me in the car.

3 comments:

Yankee, Transferred said...

All terrific shots. I always love relaxed feet shots.

angelfeet said...

Love the blown-out skies, and the beautiful blue sky framed by the window.

Sharon said...

Wow, that IS empty! It was sparse around here, but not quite that un-busy...bigger town, I guess :) At any rate, hope you had a relaxing day together. :)