Monday, March 17, 2008

Seneca State Park





After quite a few weeks of bad weather and busy schedules, Boogieman and I got out Sunday morning with our cameras. It was rainy and bleak, but we went ahead to check out a state park that we had not been to: Seneca State Park, a mere fifteen minutes from home.

I was grumpy and tired (those are kind words for how to describe me) and reluctant to get out of the car. I even took this first shot from the car...how unlike me! After Boogieman got out to investigate this old farm implement, I got out and snapped some shots of the tree buds.

It was not our best photo outing ever, but hopefully the return of our regular Sunday photos.

7 comments:

Sharon said...

I've been feeling the same way lately. We also did the state park thing, ours looked a little different though :) Ravine Gardens

Gawdess said...

I like these, the first one is beautiful, almost monochrome.
The twisty branches in the last one seem so festive!

Anonymous said...

The first and last ones are my faves.

Sandie said...

Really, really like the second shot! The first one is very majestic, but that second one keeps drawing me in.

Audrey Mango said...

The photos are fantastic! I really love the spokes - the color and the composition are so nice. I'm glad you went :)

angelfeet said...

This weather isn't conducive to being inspired, but the first one has such an air of openness about it.

Andromeda Jazmon said...

I really like the top one. The lines and muted colors are so beautiful! I'm glad you got out of the car.